The Dollar Store Tour kicks off today with a BBQ/reading/improv show at the Hideout from 1-6 p.m. If you like food and being amused, this your shit.
Readings by: Tobias Amadon Bengelsdorf, Chris Bower, Aaron Burch, Elizabeth Crane, Zach Dodson, Natalie Edwards, Amelia Gray, Mary Hamilton, Lindsay Hunter, Jac Jemc, Jonathan Messinger, Caroline Picard, Diana Slickman, Scott Stealey, Jill Summers, Robbie Q. Telfer
Improv by: 1, 2, 3, Fag and Hag! (Seth Dodson, Kellen Alexander, John Hartman and Christina Boucher), and An Oak (Neil Dandade and Adam Schwartz)
It's ALSO a big barbeque, and all you can eat drumsticks, and veggie burgers, and fixin's, and corn-on-the-cob, and picnic sides!
Oh, and one more thing: we’re raffling off a custom-built, featherproof-themed bike, compliments of Working Bikes Cooperative.
This afternoon delight will cost $8 at the door, and for $8 you get 8 things:
2. A featherproof mini book
3. Readings by Chicago’s finest and Improv by Chicago’s funniest
4. Hosted bar by Red Stripe 1-3pm! Yum!
5. All the barbeque you can eat
6. Your very own Dollar Store official souvenir pin
7. A Working Bikes bike raffle ticket
8. A shot at a missed connection, and the time of your life.
Come one, come all!